1. Libraries, library workers, managers, and patrons, did you know you can Submit a Star to honor a great worker, team, or department?
2. Libraries, library workers, and managers can also use the day as an opportunity to send out an all-user or all-department email in honor of NLWD, thanking staff or colleagues for their excellence.
3. Union locals can participate, too! Try hosting a NLWD celebration for members, or dedicating a member meeting to honor the day.
4. For librarian social groups and organizations, NLWD is a great time to organize a NLWD potluck or meet-up to celebrate and support each other’s expertise and talent.
5. Library workers can take the initiative by decorating staff spaces with organizing a get-together during break time to recognize the hard work that makes your library great.
6. State ALA Chapters, NLWD is a great opportunity for State ALA Chapters to celebrate and highlight the significant contributions of library workers in their state on their websites and in their publications.
7. Public Library Friends and Trustees can sponsor NLWD activities and gifts to thank and highlight library staff for their achievements and dedication.
8. Academic, School, and Special Libraries can circulate messages of thanks and gifts to busy staff.
9. Purchase an official NLWD poster, satchel or t-shirt from the ALA Store!
10 . And a heartfelt “thank you” to staff and colleagues is always free!
Created by the ALA-APA Standing Committee on the Salaries & Status of Library Workers