The Library and Archives at Longwood Gardens
Our Library & Archives are valuable learning resources for those interested in the fields of horticulture, botany and the allied arts and sciences.
The Longwood Gardens Library was originally founded in 1953 to house founder Pierre S. du Pont’s collection of horticultural, botanical, and related works. The library has since grown into a working collection of approximately 31,000 volumes of books and serials, including special collections. The Longwood Gardens Archives holds institutional records from the time of Mr. du Pont’s death in 1954 to present.